I'm having trouble with one of my assignments I was wondering if I could get some help with it. The assignment is attached. I would really appreciate it. Thank you.1
Exercise 8: Range/Endurance
Gross Weight for Beginning of Cruise = 300,000 lbs
Gross Weight at End of Cruise = 200,000 lbs
Altitude = FL350
Wing Area = 3050 ft
Wing Span = 156 ft
Wing Efficiency = .75
Twin turbofan engines
No need to take into account Temperature Ram Rise
1. Find Equivalent Airspeed, True Airspeed, and Mach for best range at FL350 and
Sea Level at W = 300,000 lb. (Use Figure 13.2 and Equations 4.6, 3.8. and 3.4.)
2. Assuming constant altitude, find the best Range Equivalent Airspeed, True
Airspeed, and Mach at the end of cruise for W = 200,000 lb at FL350, and Sea
Level. (Use Figure 13.2 and Equations 4.6, 3.8, and 3.4.)
3. Find Range (nm) at Sea Level and at constant FL350.
Assume altitude remains
constant, AOA remains constant, and Airspeed varies (Use Equation 13.1.)
4. Compare specific ranges at FL350 W = 300,000 lb and W = 200,000 lb. (Use
5. Find Equivalent Airspeed, True Airspeed, and Mach for best endurance at FL350
and Sea Level at W = 300,000 lb.
6. Assuming Constant Altitude, what is best Endurance Equivalent Airspeed, True
Airspeed, and Mach at W = 200,000 lb?
7. Find Best Endurance (hours) at FL350 (use Equation 13.9) using the same gross
8. How much does it cost a B-737 to carry an extra 10,000 lb of fuel for a standard
500 nm trip according to the textbook? (See Figure 12.5.)
This document was developed for online use in ASC 310.
File Name: Exercse_8